Monday, June 20, 2016

Letter #102 6-20-2016 Gering, Nebraska

Hey Family!!
Well it has been cool hearing about the Mortensen’s getting ready to go on their mission.  It is interesting because I am also seeing and hearing about President Brown finishing up with his mission and the things he has learned. 

At our Zone Conference, the last hour was a question and answer with President Brown and his wife. He wanted to do this because of a question a missionary had asked at his final interview.  When he was counseled as a Mission President he was told that missionaries would come to him seeking advice on what they should do about certain situations in their lives, and especially as they are returning home.  He was counseled to turn them “to the Lord every time." 

This really does help, I mean he give us counsel but it would be from the scriptures or asking us what we feel we need to do. He would not be telling us what to do every time so we can learn and grow. 

Also he was able to give me my departing interview and that was really good! We were together about 45 minutes, talking about setting goals to finish my mission and we talked about things that I want to do when I get home. But it was super nice to have. 

Well I am excited for this week E_ is getting baptized on Saturday, and he has asked me to baptize him so that will be awesome!

Well I don't have to much more this week to say I hope you all have a good week! Things are going well here!!

Much love
Elder Urry




No comments:

Post a Comment