Monday, May 16, 2016

Letter 97 5-16-2016 Gering, Nebraska

Hey Everyone!!
 Well this week was an ok week. A lot of our appointments fell through with our investigators. So that was hard. But we did set E_ on a date for July 9th for baptism, which was really weird for me and just realizing how short of time I have left cause that is my last Saturday in the mission. It would be way cool to have a baptism on that day and then confirmed on Sunday and then Monday go into the mission home. But that will only happen if he is ready. When we set someone on a date it is a goal we pray about and feel they could be ready by that time. But if the time comes and they are not ready, we can push it back, it just gives them a marker to reach. It also gives them time to reach the other goals also.

 Well this week we also had interviews with President Brown and this is his last time doing interviews for all the missionary's, cause the next time interviews come up will be after July 1st. My interview was just getting a new recommend and that was about it but I did ask him if he was going to be the one giving me my departing interview. On the missionary's last transfer they have a departing interview with the Mission President which is 45 min to 1 hour long. He said he does not know yet but hopes he can. And I hope so too, I know the new mission president would be fine and he will be a great mission president and all, but I have had President Brown these 2 years and have a relationship with him as my mission president and it would just be nice to have him give me my last interview.

Well we also had a good dinner with a family by the name of the R_. Two of their kids had friends over from high school for dinner and we were able to teach them and answer some questions they had. We had a good time just getting to know them, we were also able to give each of them a copy of the Book of Mormon cause that was what they were asking about. But it was a good lesson!!

Much love

Elder Urry

No comments:

Post a Comment