Monday, March 7, 2016

Letter #87 3-7-2016 Gering, Nebraska

Hey Everyone!!!

Ok, so Eric sound like you are having a great year so far. So tell you what, First, keep it up haha, Second, get drafted and sign a one year deal so I can see you play again, then you can retire!!

Also mom, I know you want to go on the trek but if you are not up to it, or that is a high chance of that happening don't go. Delegate that to some one else, I know they will understand. Trust me no one wants to see that happen, let others help ya if your not feeling good. One thing I have learned on my mission is humility and, yes, we all know you are humble and loving and want to serve others but another part is letting others serve you. This is one of the hardest things for almost everyone to do. We all think we will be fine, it is ok I can do it, when in fact it takes the most humility to sit back and say, “right now I do need some help”. People are offering to help so we can let them, and there will be blessing on both sides. First, you having time to get better and second, those who help will have a chance to serve their fellow men/women. 
I have been on both sides of things like this on my mission and people say what they mean. I remember in Laramie one time there was a member named Brother W_ who told us "hey Elders if you ever do not have a meal call me and let me know, me and my family will feed you." I said ok thank you. Then the time came where we did not have a meal one night and I was like, “I don't want to intrude, he is building a house for his family and has a deadline for a construction loan to meet or he will lose the house.” But he found out later and he was fairly mad at us and was telling me this same thing, like when we serve others, blessing come and we take those blessings away when we say, “we got it, but thanks”, even when our intent is good.

But anyways this week I have been reading in Alma 56-59. I love Helaman and Moroni, they are great leaders and their faith is crazy with how much they trust in the Lord. For example here in Alma 58: 33&41... 33 “But behold, we trust in our God who has given us victory over those lands, insomuch that we have obtained those cities and those lands, which were our own.”

41 “And now, my beloved brother, Moroni, may the Lord our God, who has redeemed us and made us free, keep you continually in His presence; yea, and may He favor this people, even that ye may have success in obtaining the possession of all that which the Lamanites have taken from us, which was for our support. And now, behold, I close mine epistle. I am Helaman, the son of Alma.”

That is one thing we have to remember, the Lord’s will is going to be done whether with you or with out you. It is up to us what kind of tool we will be, an uncharged power drill or a fully charge one that works very well. We all know when a power drill goes bad we can find another one and that is the same with Christ, if you will not follow His will for what He wants you to do He will go find someone who will. So be that good tool for Him.

Much love Elder Urry


No comments:

Post a Comment