Monday, October 12, 2015

Letter #66 10-12-2015 Torrington, Wyoming

Hey everyone!!
This week has been so crazy with all that is going on here! We are super busy right now cause not only do we have a lot of people to see but we finally got the iPad planner app so everything can be done on the iPad's, so whenever there is free time we are transferring all records and everything in the area book to the iPad.
The area book goes back to 2012 so it is a LOT of info we have to type into our iPads. And one thing I have come to know is I was not put on this earth to use technology haha!! So we will be doing this for the next month or so.
Well this week we set our investigator J_ on date for baptism on November 7 2015. And I don't know if you remember me talking about S_, I was teaching him in Fort Collins but I heard from the zone leaders down there that he is getting baptized this Saturday and I am super excited for him!! I wish I could be there though, but is was fun to hear.
 This week we also had interviews with President Brown, and mine was really short like 5 minutes max that is all it took. And just from what he said I think I will be here in Torrington for a while. It won't be 6 weeks and out I think or hope. It’s crazy also to think I only have 3 interviews left and he and I go home :(  Cause interviews are every other transfer and the departing interview on your last transfer too. Well enough about that, time for the really cool experience this week.

So every Friday in our mission each companionship plans and prepares for the next week. We both knew we still had some family's and were trying to decide when we should see them. There is this one less active family, named the W_ that live about 15 minutes away and we have only seen them once. We both felt like we needed to go see them Sunday night. So we put them down for Sunday at 7pm. 
Yesterday, it seemed every thing was going longer then planned and we still felt we need to go see this family. So we finally left for their home about 730 pm. It was not a set appointment so we were never late. We got there and they let us in. And just so you know living there is the grandma and grandpa there son and then his son. When we got there the grandson and his dad were gone so we talked with grandma and grandpa and everything seemed like it was going great until they got a phone call. S_ their grandson who is about 13 years old was the one who called, he said one of his friends was over and they were riding their horses, she got kicked full on right in the chest about 530 pm that afternoon and was taken to the Emergency room. 
That phone call was to let the grandparents know what was going on.  The Doctors found out she had a bruised liver and was bleeding internally.  After that call the grandparents told us everything that had happen that day. Then they ask if they could hear a message and asked Elder Pember to say the opening prayer. During that I had this feeling to share this Mormon message called “bearing our burdens with hope”, but I had no idea what I would relate this to or how to talk about it until the last part of the video and that is when S_ and his dad got back.  It was then I knew why everything was running late cause if we had come at 7 we would not of seen them. I related this video and how in the end it was talking about the Atonement and how it can help with what was going in their lives right then. 
I wish I could repeat what was said in that room but all I remember is how strong the spirit was there at that time. And after the lesson I felt like I should  ask S_ if he would like a blessing and he did so we placed our hands on his head and in the name of the Lord, gave him a blessing of comfort. After that his grandpa looked at both of us and said "I don't know what made you guys think of coming over here tonight but you picked the perfect time to do so, we needed this and we needed the spirit you have brought into our home tonight." 
I know the spirit leads us to where the Lord wants us be He knew on Friday, when we were planning our week to have us see the W_ for that reason. And I know this is no coincidence, cause I have seen this many times over on my mission. 
We will not see people unless the Lord wants us to.  Things we plan may fall through but in the end we will see who the Lord needs us to see. I know this is true, like I said I have seen it over and over. And I bare my testimony of this and leave it with you in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Well everyone hope you have a great week!!

Love

Elder Urry

No comments:

Post a Comment