Monday, October 5, 2015

Letter #65 10-5-2015 Torrington, Wyoming

Hey everyone!
So mom is going to check the inside of the walls because the wood might be going bad and getting wet? What is going on at home? But I do guess that depends how much water got through to the wood.... Looks like it's been a crazy week at home. But something should be coming in the mail for Paul I sent it about a week ago it was a postcard from Fort Collins of the place where we went hiking. 
Well you told me Eric had his first full game how do you do Eric? 
Also Kyson good job you paid more attention than me to conference when I was your age and watching at home.  ha ha!
 Conference was really good this week lots of good talks.  I feel like my take was a lot on how to become a better person while living on this earth but not being of the world and staying on this path,  so we can return and live with our Heavenly Father again someday. One of the talks I really liked was by Elder D. Todd Christofferson. The things I really got out of that was pretty interesting just how he was talking about the reason we go to church and have church every Sunday instead of just having faith and living by that. We go to church, one, for the sacrament and, two, to learn from others but we also go to have others help us become stronger in the gospel because one person by themselves is not as strong as a bunch of people together.
  Well it was pretty cool to see three new apostles called.  I was so impressed with Elder Gary E Stevenson talk he gave back in April 2014 conference entitled Our Four Minutes, I am really excited to hear more from him in the coming years. 
That talk has just stuck out to me ever since and is one of the best talks to use to relate to the plan of salvation and the three questions people have a lot, first, 
Where did we come from? 
We can use this talk to relate the pre-earth life in how Olympic athletes take so much time before the Olympics to train and become the best they can be in their event. 
Why are we here?  
Here on earth is our time to perform in the “Olympics” of life and to try to achieve that gold medal. Which is to live with our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ again. 
Where are we going? 
And here we have achieved what we learned in the “Spiritual Olympics” and we will have to live with that forever.

That is just kind of a summary of what we would talk about with people we are teaching and it usually helps makes things pretty clear with the plan of salvation.  Well hope you all have a good week can't wait to hear from you next week.

Much love
Elder Urry

Ps I invite you all to do the “ponderizing” thing starting today doing 1 scripture a week putting it where you can read it a lot that day and then in 3 months or so when I call on Christmas we can talk about what has come from that!
So will you do that?

My 1st one is 1 Nephi 3:7


“And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.”




No comments:

Post a Comment