Monday, August 31, 2015

Letter #60 8-31-2015 Fort Collins Colorado

Hey Everyone!!!
Well sounds like a crazy week back at home. And Holy Cow!!! Lily is getting so big!!! Well this week was a good week for us and me especially.  So back when I was in Sterling I was called to be a district leader and that was all good and just learning how to be a leader. 
Well at the end of last transfer I was ask to do it again this transfer. And this transfer I have gone to the Lord so much for help with what I should do in how to be a good leader for the district I am over, and how I can best help them cause everyone except my comp is older than me in mission time and they have been out longer. 
Three of the missionary's excluding me and my comp go home before Halloween and one goes home September 15th when this transfer ends. And that can be hard sometimes for missionary's to have someone over them when they have been out longer and things like that. The best way I have found to being a leader is leading by example. And going to the Lord in help in everything, so I just love and care for the people the Lord asks me to help. Well a lot of these things are easier said than done. 

This week was one of the hardest things I have had to do, a missionary in my district has had an iPhone that we did not know about. And he justified having this cause he lost his iPad. And this is not safe because the iPads in the mission are all protected and president can have control over them and also on the iPad you can't delete history. What ever you do president will see the next time he looks at your iPad. So all these things the iPad has the iPhone he had does not. So I had to talk to him to send it home and get rid of it. And that was kinda hard cause he was upset and did not want to send it home but he is going to today.

 So this week I was studying a talk and this paragraph stuck out to me...

King Benjamin, we learn what we can do to take us to that safe place. But remember: the things we do are the means, not the end we seek. What we do allows the Atonement of Jesus Christ to change us into what we must be. Our faith in Jesus Christ brings us to repentance and to keeping His commandments. We obey and we resist temptation by following the promptings of the Holy Ghost. In time our natures will
change. We will become as a little child, obedient to God and more loving. That change, if we do all we must to keep it, will qualify us to enjoy the gifts which come through the Holy Ghost. Then we will be safe on the only sure rock.

I just really like this cause it talks about change of heart and the importance of really Changing and become better.

Much love 

Elder Urry


 The Angel Moroni being placed on top of the Fort Collins Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment