Monday, July 27, 2015

Letter #55 7-27-2015 Laramie, Wyoming

Hey Everyone!!
 This week has been a crazy week but we got started off with my favorite part of the week. Well this week on Wednesday we were out seeing people and I got a text from Sister C_ asking if we could come by with the Spring Creek Elders to see them that night. Well we get there and right off the bat I notice something was different in the home.
We found out that Brother C_ quit his job and he was just testifying that everything will be ok and the Lord will protect and help his family because he was no longer safe at his work anymore. And he just was talking about his favorite songs that he alway thinks about and it was “Abide With Me Tis Even Tide” and how that will get him through the hard times, when you read the words in that song and what is says in it, you will see how it helps. And my favorite part is "has made my heart within me burn, as I commune  with thee”. I like this because at this time for Brother C_ there is no better person to turn to than the Lord and he know this as we saw on Wednesday. As long as we do what is right and it is in the Lords plan for us things will work out, we just have to have faith and trust in the Lord in what He wants for us at that time because He does know best for all of us even though we may not think it is best.
Well this week we went and saw F_ and L_ and we talked with them and gave them a little lesson and then F_ said Elder Urry I want to give you something and he went to grab it and handed this to me...



This is a flag patch he wore on his uniform in Iraq when he was hurt. So that was pretty cool. This family, I am really close with and they are very slowly progressing. I am hoping I stay for another transfer to be with them to help them some more and just be their friends as well.

 Well I love you all and miss ya all so much! Hope you have a good week... They are going by sooooo fast!!

Love Elder Urry

Abide with Me; ‘Tis Even Tide

Abide with me; 'tis eventide.
The day is past and gone;
The shadows of the evening fall;
The night is coming on.
Within my heart a welcome guest,
Within my home abide.

[Chorus]

O Savior, stay this night with me;
Behold, 'tis eventide.
O Savior, stay this night with me;
Behold, 'tis eventide.

Abide with me; 'tis eventide.
Thy walk today with me
Has made my heart within me burn,
As I communed with thee.
Thy earnest words have filled my soul
And kept me near thy side.

Abide with me; 'tis eventide,
And lone will be the night
If I cannot commune with thee
Nor find in thee my light.
The darkness of the world, I fear,
Would in my home abide.
Text: Lowrie M. Hofford
Music: Harrison Millard, 1830-1895

Made this for breakfast today

Me and Elder Farnese

No comments:

Post a Comment