Monday, April 13, 2015

Letter #40 4-13-2015 Laramie, Wyoming

Hey Everyone!!!
Mom thank you for the photos and the letter this week! And I am writing today cause we had no time yesterday to come email. But this week was good and we got to see a lot of people and visit with them! But the highlight of my week was yesterday we went to the University of Wyoming Library and went to the second floor.   They keep valuable books up there that you only can see them with someone who works there and you make an appointment with them. So yesterday I got a to hold and read and one of the original 1st printed Book of Mormons from 1830!! I will send you pic's when I can so you can see them it was way cool I took a lot of photo's and just looked at it for like 10 minutes. It is one of the only places you can go and hold it in the world and the lady there said the last one was sold for about $250,000. It is the book most asked about, meaning people want to see it all the time!!! So that is kinda cool. Then I also saw a 1661 King James version bible and that is one of the 1st to cause they started making them about 5 years before. Also one interesting fact, did you know that when the church was 1st restored we actually had our own language that we spoke and wrote in? I got to see that too and the Book of Mormon was in that language as well as English! So this was very cool to go see. When you guys come here that will have to be a stop we make after my mission so you guys can see that and hold all of them because it was a fun time and you would like it!! 
 Well this week was good but as my mission has gone on we do tracting probably every other week and we do get turned away a lot, some very kind and some not so much. Well some of the kind people will talk to us for sometime and just kinda be friend us cause they support what we do. So one thing I have done with people, is continue to see them every so often and just be there friends and most of the time they will ask a question or 2 to us about the church as it comes up but they still don't want to take lessons and I am fine with that. Now why do I do this if say we are not "teaching them" like you would an investigator? Well I feel it is right and what Christ would do when He was here on the earth. Cause I know He loves everyone no matter what and no matter if they want to listen to what He wants to teach them. Plus as a missionary we are called to invite others to Christ and help them build there faith in Christ to follow Him. And when I say build faith that means in Christ and being more Christ like people. There are a lot of very good people out there that are very faithful in their Church. Sometime's it is nice to just talk to them and see what they believe and see the similarities we have and how they have so many good truths and are great people. On my mission I have met a lot of great people that 90% of the time are people I would have over looked before my mission just cause I would not be comfortable to talk to them or they look like a sketchy person on the outside. “DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER” cause sometimes it can be a great book!! I mean I just think of A_ from Sterling, a wonderful man and man I have learned a lot from in my time in Sterling.  I would say most of us if we saw A_ walking down the street and did not know him we would not talk to him cause he looks like a scary man at first. I am not saying go talk to everyone and possibly put yourself in danger of being hurt, but what I am saying is give everyone one a chance, because every person out there is a child of god and has the light of Christ in them. We dont know what is going on in their lives at that time and why they might be that way. And sometimes all it takes is a true friend to have and you can be that true friend that no one else could be for that person at that time.
 Hope you all have a great week this week!!! Miss you all and pray for all of you all the time.

Love Elder Urry 

No comments:

Post a Comment