Monday, November 24, 2014

Letter #20 11-24-2014 Sterling CO

Hey Everyone!!!
Well this past week was the last week of this transfer and it looks like I am going to be in Sterling over Christmas and new years!! But Elder Shields is off to Greeley and I will be getting a new companion tomorrow. So well on Saturday I got a call from AP Marble (Assistant to the President), and we thought it was for Elder Shields because in week 6 on Fridays and Saturdays if you get a call from the AP's that means they are giving you a calling in the mission so I gave the phone to Elder Shields and said have fun! haha Just joking with him. So he took the call and talked for like 3-5 minutes and then looked at me and said Elder Urry this is not for me it is for you and started laughing. So it was for me and I have been called to be the District Leader over the Yuma district. And to be honest I am kinda scared cause I have only been out 4 1/2 months and that is not long at all and now I am in-charge of 4 missionaries and 2 of them have been out longer than me including my new companion Elder Stone who I will pick up tomorrow. But I will do my best cause who the Lord calls He qualifies and it will help me grow.
Well this week has been a LOT of less active work and just trying to get people to come back to church and understand the blessings that will come from that. Most of the time people stop coming cause they say it is just 1 Sunday I will go next week. Well there is a story to that, I was reading and this guy said that same thing for 2 weeks and then come week 3 he drove by the church and laughed and said look at those losers and the time they are wasting to go to church when there is so much to do! 
So we need to always go cause if we get to this point it is hard to come. It is so easy to say I have too much to do or I am too tired I had a long week. Well now you want to come back and it will be hard but possible through the Lord and praying every day and that is the way we can beat the adversary. With the Lord on our side we can never lose, He is our ace and our super star on our team but we are a team and have to work with Him! No team is good when all you do is think about yourself and no one other than yourself. 
Well hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving! I am having Thanksgiving with the Maxwell’s this week they are one of my favorite families, but I love all and thanks for the support and everything you have don for me!

Love Elder Urry

No comments:

Post a Comment