Monday, November 17, 2014

Letter #19 11-17-2014 Sterling CO

Hey Everyone!!!
 Well this week has been very cold I mean one morning we had to get up and be out by 6am and I had to get in the car and it was -10 degrees outside!!! HOLY CRAP!! Once it is that cold nothing seems to keep you warm at all! But I am getting use to it here because Friday it was 34 degrees outside and I walk out with my sweeter on and I took it off cause it was to hot.... I think I am going a little crazy! But when it is cold I just wear that jacket I bought and one of the sweaters we got at home, and that works great.
  Well this week was a great week and the best days were Saturday and Sunday. Cause Saturday was G_ baptism service and it was amazing to see and the spirit was so strong there. And Brother W_ was the one who baptized him. Then he asked me to confirm him on Sunday. That was an amazing experiences for me and just the feeling I got when I said "and I say unto you receive the Holy Ghost”. I can not even describe it at all. But I can tell you that after that I felt so good but I felt exhausted and just wanted to go rest.  But the spirit was just so strong.  Then after church G_ came up to me and ask..."now when do I get a calling so I can help out in this ward?" And when he said this I kinda smiled and said to him when the Lord thinks you are ready for it and He will let the bishop know through revelation and then you will be called. And that was just cool to see someone who wanted to get to work right away.
  Well this week was fun we are now teaching J_ and K_ two new investigators. And J_ is what we call in missionary terms “golden”, he has read the Bible, The Book of Mormon, D&C and the Pearl of Great Price all 3 times!!! And he told us in the 1st lesson “I know the church is true and I want to be apart of it. I have had the last 16 months in prison just to sit and read and look to the Lord and change the person I am and thanks to meeting D_ I was able to contacted you guys and start taking the lessons!" So after he said that the only thing that came to mind was “the field is white and ready to harvest”, the Lord has prepared the way.
 Well this week has been crazy and we have a lot of work ahead of us. Love all of you guys and miss you a lot but I know why I am here and with the Lords help we are doing big things here in Sterling Colorado...it is going so fast!

Love Elder Urry


 PS Mom Christmas packages have to be here by December 9th in order for us to get them by the 25th just so you know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment