Monday, October 13, 2014

Letter #14 10-13-2014 Sterling CO

Hey Everyone
 Well this week is transfers and I am staying hear and Elder Torres is leaving to Shawnee east to finish training another missionary that is 1 transfer behind me. And I am getting an Elder by the name of Elder Shields and I will be picking him up in Loveland tomorrow so it will be a long day cause I have to sit and wait for my comp to get there. Elder Torres said most times you wont get to your area until 5 or 6pm. 
 Well mom the meet the Mormons is a great movie all missionary's here got to see it two weeks ago so I got to see it before everyone haha! And it is a great movie and shows that we are normal people and not as crazy as people think we are. And my favorite was the guy from World war 2 who did the candy drop over Germany for the kids so I thought that was way cool.
 Well this week has been good and I got some great news from A_ this week. I know for sure Heavenly Father will answer our prayer, because this past week he called the man that is his girls step dad and told him that he forgives him and said that I forgive you for what you did and I still love you. And I wanted to jump through the roof when I heard this from him. But we are still seeing him everyday because he keeps getting hit with trial after trial cause the day after he did this his father in-law was told that his cancer has moved to his brain and he has only days left to live and there is nothing they can do about it. And with this he is so happy that he knows the gospel of Jesus Christ is true because he will be able to see him again. And that is bringing him a lot of peace to his heart. And that is great to hear from him. 
 Well last night was hard for me to watch cause we had dinner with Bishops family again and Elder Torres is leaving so it was good-bye's as well and he and the family were all in tears and did not want me or him to leave. Because this ward has come to love us two missionary's. So they are happy that I am still here at least and hope I get another comp that wants to work like we have. 
 Well this week has been great and it is going fast every day because we are working and that is the best thing to do not because it is what your suppose to do but because when you are working hard everyday and always doing things you lose track of time. 
 Well I love you all and I thank you for you prayers for me they do help and I am thinking and praying for all of you everyday. The Lord has blessed me with a great family and friends that have made me the person I am today. And this work is helping me become even better just with the humbling work you do as a missionary and seeing how blessed all of us are because of what you see people go through and what they tell you they have gone through. And all you want to do is help and the best way is through the church or just being their friend that they can trust even if they do not want to hear about the gospel of Jesus Christ. They are still gods children and we need to show our love to them. We are called to represent Jesus Christ in our day to day walk and when we think no one is watching us that is when we need to be our best cause most of the time someone is watching and the best way to teach is through being the example.
 Well love you all and look forward to hearing from you next week!!!!

Love Elder Urry                

No comments:

Post a Comment