Monday, September 22, 2014

#11 September 22, 2014 Sterling CO

Hey Everyone!
 Well mom I cant go shopping for any clothes or winter things till I go to Greeley and I don't know when that will happen. But I did get a winter coat and that was $65 so you should see that in my account.  I will just have to wait for the next time we go that direction. About the Ipads, we will get them soon it is just one of the members of the Quorum of the 70 that have to come down and give us training on them so just keep the money available so I can get it when it comes. Also yes I would like my seminary scriptures so if you could send those as soon as you can that would be great.

 Well this week I got to see someone use the Atonement in action and it was not him asking for forgiveness he was the one forgiving someone else. His name is A_ and I have told you how he is a convert and for most of his previous life he was in a maximum security person. The prison is actually here in Sterling just as you come into the town. He had a friend in his old life that was not happy with him joining the church. (the following story is kind of graphic but it helps for you to understand the forgiveness he had to offer and work through with the Atonement.) So one night when he and his family were gone his friend broke in and killed his dog and used the dogs blood and wrote all over the walls with it. When A_ and his family came home that is the first thing they saw when they walked in. This was about 4 years ago and now that guy is at the halfway house here in Sterling. A_ wanted to go talk to him and tell him he forgives him for what he had done and he is not looking to get back at him. He had told his friend that this is not the way to do thing and that he is forgiving him and he is holding nothing against this man.  He told him that he is still Mormon and he would have to respect him for that decision he has made. Before he went over to the halfway house we went over to A_ house and talked with him and told him he was doing the right thing.  Then we showed him a video about a dad who lost his family from a drunk driver accident. The video shows how this dad went to the young man who was driving the car that killed most of his family and took him under his arm and forgave him. That dad became like another dad to this boy. I wanted to tell you all this story cause what A_ did is so great and such a powerful story of using the atonement. 
PS mom and dad sorry about the graphic detail but it is harder to see what he did without it and how hard this task was for him to do.

 Well also this week we found two new investigators thanks to the 1st counselor in the stake presidency and a return missionary that got back 2 weeks ago named Jeremy Lotinsock.  PS: Eric he is coming to BYU next semester and I told him your name and that you are on the baseball team so if some kid starts talking to you that is why, so he said he would try to find you. 
But when I went with him and Elder Torres to teach his friend I did something I never thought I would do and it was cause of the Spirit that I did it.  
So the lesson was about over and my mouth just started to move and before I knew what I was saying I had invited this guy to be baptize by someone holding the proper authority and to follow in Christ foot steps!  And so I was a little shocked at what I just did and then I realized it was the right thing to do cause he said yes. Then I asked him "What are you feeling right now?" He said "It is like a good warm feeling that I have felt this whole lesson with you guys." So I told him that is the Spirit testifying to you what we are saying is true and that to better know that it is true you need to pray and read the Book of Mormon and ask God if it is true (Moroni 10:3-5) because we will not force anyone to join this church. We want them to want to be baptized because that is what they feel is right!

Well this week has been another great week and it is going fast!! This transfer is already half over! Well I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love Elder Urry               

No comments:

Post a Comment