Monday, August 25, 2014

Letter #7 August 25, 2014 Sterling Colorado

Hey Everyone 
Happy birthday to Lily and MOM!!! And mom still no package and if you sent it by fed-x or UPS I will not get it till transfers so you have to send it by the post office.So I will probably get it Tuesday or Thursday because that is the only 2 days mail comes in Sterling and if I dont get it then then it will be on September 2 at then end of the transfer. WHOA!! it has already almost been 6 week in the field!
  Well this week not much happened it was a fast week but slow in the work because there are over 30 churches here in Sterling and everyone is just fine with where they are at. They will ask us about our church but they dont really care for the lessons but they are still nice to us most of the time haha. 
 Well in my mission so far I have had to do a lot of conversation and just talking with people to try to help them feel better, visit with them and trying to help them out. Like this week we went and saw D_, a convert to the church. He is hoping to go on a mission cause he is 20 years old, he is saving up on his own cause he doesn’t really have the support of his parents, it’s really hard for them to understand what he is doing. And on top of saving up he is living on his own and paying for everything he has.  Last night his boss called him when we were there and the first words I heard his boss say is "D_ I don't know how to tell you this and it is hard to do..." Well that is all I heard and so he was let go and is now with out a job and has to go back with his parents, unless he can find a job within 3 days.
 So after the call he was very down and just was wondering “why did this happen to me, I mean I am doing everything I am suppose to do and going to church and everything but it is not fare”. So me and Elder Torres started to teach him about trials and how we have them in our lives to make us become better people.  We taught him how his thoughts about second guessing is from Satan putting these thoughts in his head, Satan wants you to feel like your are doing the wrong things like paying tithing going to church and so on. So we talked for about an hour and half on this. And I’ll tell you what, seeing people struggle is no fun at all it is really hard. I have found out about myself that through my life when ever someone close to me was struggling and having a hard time it would make it very hard for me aswell because it is hard to see someone down that I care about and have gotten to know very well. This just make me think how hard this is for me and I my not know exactly what they are going through, and then I think about Christ and how He does know exactly what they are going through and how they are feeling! And because of Him we will never be alone during these times because when he suffered for us he walked that path being alone so we would not have to! When I see this happen and people get down not only do I now say “ask God for help and turn to Him and He will be there for you”, but then I have found that I have to ask for help so I can have an a better idea on how to help them and just be there for them. And this gift the Lord has given me that it is somewhat easy for me to care and try to help people and then try to help them feel better and become happy. It is the best feeling to have when you are helping someone you care about and want to be happy. And that is what the Lord wants is for us to be happy and all I can say is He is the best at doing that as long as we have faith that He can help us and realize that He will be there to lighten the load we have but we will still have to do our part. The reason for that is so we can learn and grow from trials we are having and to try to become more Christ like in our day to day lives so when that day comes we can hear the words, "well done thou good and faithful servant", and then be able to live with Him again forever! That is what He wants for us is to live with Him and He will do everything possible to help us reach that goal as long as we do our part in following Him and try to become like Him. 

 Well this week has been great and we have done as much as we can and we have done lots of service for people, that always feels good, helping people out! We did a lot of that on Saturday, we helped a young couple in our ward remove tile and get their place ready for them to lay down a new wooden floor. PS: Paul it has happen what you and I joked about... how my companion thought I was crazy cause I would just keep going and going and not stop, he would be very tired and take a break and then tell me you need to stop your making me look bad! haha. But that was fun on Saturday we were there for about 4hr's helping them along with one other guy from the ward! 

Well I love you all and hope all is going well back at home, you are in my prayers and I hope you have a fun week this week!!!
Love Elder Urry
PS 
Kimmy is getting baptized this Thursday and so that will be a grate experience for her and her husband to watch and see what he has to look foreword to in 4 months or so!   

No comments:

Post a Comment