Monday, August 4, 2014

Letter #4 August 4, 2014 Sterling Colorado

Hey everyone!
This week has been great filled with a lot of experiences which have built my testimony of the gospel so much on different subjects.
Well we have been teaching a couple named D__ and K__ and they are very strong and have committed to be baptized on the 22nd of this month which will be very cool and fun to see. They have some close friends that are going to be baptizing them!

But that is not what was my favorite part of the week, cause on Thursday I went on exchanges for the 1st time and I was sent to a Spanish area and so it was hard for me to understand cause I don't know any Spanish at all! So my comp would just do all the talking and I would sit there and listen to him and the Spirit and let him teach. But then one time the spirit was so strong and powerful that when he started to talk about the 1st vision and Joseph Smith, the Lord blessed me with the power of the gift of tongues and from the time he started the 1st vision to the end of that part of the lesson I understood every word he said in Spanish!!   I wish I could explain better how this felt but it makes me almost speechless just because of what the Lord can bless his children with when He feels they need it at this time. So after my companion finished that part of the lesson, the investigator understood some English so I just bore my testimony in English and then we closed up the lesson and left with the spirit being SO STRONG and it felt amazing and I felt so tired because of what had just happen to me!  It is things like this that makes me want to share the gospel with people because the Lord want every one of His children to return and live with him again!! 

This week for me and having this happen to me was one of the best experiences I have ever had throughout my life and while being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!!!

Also Kyson that is way cool man good job on your talk and sharing it all by yourself that takes a brave kid to do that with out his mom and dads help! Well I hope everyone has a good week this week and that all will go well for all of you!


Love Elder Urry

No comments:

Post a Comment